Emergency Shelter Weeks
Nov 1, 2017
Emergency Shelter Partnership (ESP) 2017-2018
St. Francis will host the shelter twice this year – Thanksgiving week, November 20th -26th and February 19th-25th, 2018. It is through your caring and generosity that our weeks run smoothly and we are able to house and feed these men and women who are in need…..Thank You!!
If you would like to help out during Thanksgiving week, we will hold a sign up after each Mass during the weekend of November 11th; however, please feel free to contact us by phone or email:
Beth Mannion – firstname.lastname@example.org / 914-774-4693
JoAnne Hochstein - email@example.com / 914-648-0032
The following is a sample list of items we need for the week:
- Orange Juice
- Apple Juice
- Cases of water bottles
- Hot Chocolate packets
- Hard boiled eggs
- Fresh fruit
- Cereal and Cereal bars
- Breakfast foods
- Pretzels, chips, cookies – individually packaged
- Pudding, Tapioca, fruit cups
- Sandwiches – meat and PBJ each night
In addition to the items, we need the following help:
- Help serving the meals and making the lunch bags each night 8:30pm-10:00pm
- Help serving / preparing breakfast each morning 5:00am-6:00am
- We need a parishioner from our parish to stay overnight to accompany the supervisor from ESP each night 9:30pm-6:00am. Parishioner should bring blankets or a sleeping bag and pillow to sleep with, some parishioners bring a cot or air mattress. Parishioner may sleep during the night.
Most donated items can be dropped off the weekend of November 18th over by Marge – there will be a bin and a cooler. There will also be a cooler located outside of the rectory during the week to quick drop-offs.
Looking to do a little more for a great local organization? ESP is looking for business minded individuals to become part of its organizational board and individuals that would be willing to preform specific tasks as a need arises – such as help with a marketing brochure, help with web or information system questions, help with grant writing, etc.
Do you know someone who is bi-lingual and has a background in social work?
How about someone who is bi-lingual and interested in becoming an overnight supervisor? Our overnight supervisors also drive the bus from the police station to the host congregation (must have or be willing to get class B license). Days are alternating or as needed.